Saturday, August 8, 2015

A day of rest



Holy cow!  Today I did almost nothing.

First of all, I slept almost 8 hours last night. I can't remember the last time I had eight hours of sleep.

I woke up and looked out the window to find rain – – lots of rain.  And it continued off and on all day.  

Rain changed my plans.  Instead of taking off on the first leg of my 500 mile pilgrimage I decided to wait until tomorrow,  

The first leg is supposed to be the most challenging leg of the entire journey. And it is supposed to be spectacularly beautiful since you are ascending and descending the Pyrenees.

When I asked for advice at the local bicycle shop the response I got was, "why do it today?" "Rain adds some danger to what is already a challenging ascent. And you won't be able to see anything because you'll be in the clouds and barely able to see 10 feet in front of you so you will miss the benefits and the beauty of the ride."

So I took the advice. Other than getting my bike prepped (see below) for the trip and some casual walks around town (see below), I took naps. I took one in the morning. I took one in the afternoon and I took one in the early evening. I can't remember the last time this ever happened. 

It actually felt pretty good.





1 comment:

  1. Love your comments, esp about tears & movies; I never understood why Marigold #2 was considered "comedy," as I found it dark with occasional smiles. Let us know what you figure out. Good decision to delay departure. Can't wait til the next day's installment!!

    ReplyDelete